GDPR Applicant Declaration
- I understand that, before I enter into the Loan, I have a right to know how Bluestone Motor Finance (Ireland) DAC (Bluestone) will use my personal information. I have read, understand, and agree to the notice headed “Important – Use of your information” beneath this declaration.
- I understand that I have a right at any time to stop Bluestone from contacting me, or giving my details to others, for these purposes. I can write to Bluestone at Privacy, Bluestone Motor Finance (Ireland) DAC, Unit 18 Northwood House, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9 if I wish it to stop.
- I acknowledge and agree that any telephone calls and emails to do with my application may be recorded and monitored for information, regulatory and/or training purposes.
IMPORTANT - USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To make credit decisions about you, and for money laundering prevention purposes and verification of your identity, Bluestone will make searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply it with credit information, and other agencies and/or archives of publicly held information such as the Electoral Register and registers of court judgments. Credit reference agencies will record details of the credit search made by Bluestone whether or not your Application is successful and may use credit scoring methods or other automated decision making systems to assess your Application. Each search will be registered on your credit file(s) individually, and a number of searches within a short period may impact on your ability to obtain credit.
- Bluestone may periodically submit information to credit reference agencies during the term of your Finance Agreement who in turn provide Bluestone with information which Bluestone may take into consideration when managing your finance account or for analysis and statistical purposes.
- If you do not repay money owed to Bluestone on time and in full, Bluestone may inform credit reference agencies who will record the outstanding debt, and this may impact on your ability to obtain credit. Credit searches and other information which is provided to Bluestone and/or credit reference agencies about you and those with whom you are linked financially may be used by Bluestone and other companies to trace you to recover any outstanding debt owed to Bluestone, and to manage your account.
- Bluestone, members of the Bluestone Group, and other companies may use any information it receives if decisions are made about you (or others at your addresses) on credit or credit related services or motor, household, credit, life or any other insurance facilities, and such information may also be used for tracing and claims assessment; and Bluestone may check the validity of any identification document(s) you provide to prove your identity with the issuing authority of that document.
- If the Application is made in joint names and Bluestone searches the files of a credit reference agency, an “association” will be created with the other person(s) named in the Application. Bluestone or other lenders may take this association into account in future applications for credit or financial services. The association will remain between you until one of you successfully applies for “disassociation” with the credit reference agencies. Information held about you by credit reference agencies may be linked to records relating to other persons. For the purposes of your Application you may be financially linked as your Application will be assessed with reference to any “associated” records.
- Bluestone may make enquiries of any person including current and previous lenders, employers, landlords, accountants, bankers, the Electoral Register, the Land Registry and Office of the Revenue Commissioners, in the processing of your Application and the administration of your account.
- Bluestone may retain and hold the Information and all details and documents about you, including any information provided by any Intermediary, credit reference agency after your finance amount is repaid or if your Application does not proceed, where Bluestone has a duty to do, or for so long as is reasonable for legal or operational reasons.
- Bluestone may share information about you and the conduct and operation of your Loan account during the term of your Loan and after your Loan is repaid (or if your Application does not proceed), where Bluestone has a duty to do so, or (to the extent that is proportionate) for the purpose of its own or a third party’s legitimate interests, to Bluestone’s regulators, other Bluestone group companies, any company providing insurance services or other products in connection with the Loan, with third parties who provide services to us which require the processing of your personal information, any intended guarantor, investors, funders or their advisors, potential investors or funders and rating agencies.
Please telephone us on 01 644 8900 if you want to have details of those credit reference agencies (CRA“s) from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. You have a legal right to these details. You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing.
The Irish Credit Bureau DAC ("ICB") of ICB House, Newstead, Clonkeagh, Dublin 14 (firstname.lastname@example.org) & The Central Credit Register (CCR) is the Central Bank of Ireland of New Wapping Street, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 (email@example.com) shall process the personal data identified in this proposal form. The legal basis upon which CRA's relies to process this personal data is its Legitimate interests. (GDPR Article 6 (f)), namely for promoting greater financial stability by supporting a full and accurate assessment of loan applications, aiding in the avoidance of over-indebtness, assisting in lowering the cost of credit, complying with and supporting compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, enabling more consistent, faster decision-making in the provision of credit and assisting in fraud prevention.
Please review ICB's Fair Processing Notice which is available at http://www.icb.ie/policy_privacy.php & The CCR's Fair Processing Notice which is available at: https://www.centralcreditregister.ie/borrower-area/data-protection/. It documents who they both are, what they do, details of their Data Protection Officer, how they get the data, why they take it, what personal data they hold, what they do with it, how long they retain it, who they share it with, what entitles them to process the data (legitimate interests), what happens if your data is inaccurate and your rights i.e. right to information, right of access, right to complain, right to object, right to restrict, right to request erasure and right to request correction of your personal information.